iPopulation

A few weeks back, a friend of mine came up to me with an idea he had from a relative to build a database from scratch for a small ward (population less than 10 000).
I figured it would be fun making use of my free time to design something small for this guy.
When I started, it is not as small as I thought it was - there is no such thing as a small database.

Part A: Investigation
To be more precise, I needed to gather all the information needed for this database, so I began researching databases on the net that stores citizen population. I started comparing these details to the details needed for a prototype. Here's what I've listed

Name - (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Maiden Name*)
Date of Birth
Gender
Marital Status
Address (Postal, Residential)
Contact Details
Employment Details

Part B: Design
The database has to be designed before implementation so we do not have to re-structure once data is entered. Entity Relational Diagrams play an important role in this step. I figured I should put it down on paper first (I may have to scan the original document and upload it here).

Part C: Application Design
I sometimes fast forward to this part, because its the most interesting part. Trial and Error, until it works! That is my style. I started off with the data entry forms - peanuts!, moved onto the display table - all good. Now I can send the link to my friend to get it tested and get feed backs before moving onto the next steps!

By the way, you can give your feedback too!! visit: https://niuginidb.000webhostapp.com 

Popular

PNG Birth & National Identity Registration Form - Electronic Fillable

MY JOURNEY INTO ADULTHOOD - Part 1

YouTube as a YoutTuber part II